Writer and director Max Landis has been accused of doing ‘horrific and inhumane things’ by his ex-girlfriend, actress Whitney Moore. Learn extra about Max, and the allegations, right here.
Whitney Moore has come ahead with stunning allegations about her ex-boyfriend, Max Landis. The actress wrote a completely heartbreaking put up on Twitter, by which she defined that, though she defended Max previously, she felt it was lastly time to come back ahead about the best way he’s allegedly been “hurting people behind closed doors.” This shouldn’t be the primary time accusations like this have been hurled at Max — in Dec. 2017, a number of girls claimed that he had a historical past of sexual misconduct on Twitter. When his profession started taking off originally of 2019, the allegations resurfaced. Here’s extra to know:
1. Here’s what Whitney’s assertion on Twitter mentioned. “I never thought I would say anything publicly about the things Max Landis did to me because I believed that forgiveness was the correct way to heal,” Whitney wrote on Twitter. “I even defended him, for so long, because I truly believed he was getting better and that the ways he tortured me was isolated to our relationship. I thought there was no point in sharing the horrific, inhumane things he did to me because publicly condemning someone who is working on themselves is unproductive.”
“Now I know that this was a lie; he never got any better,” Whitney added. “He hid behind his friendship with me and several other good people so he could continue hurting people behind closed doors and not be questioned.” One of her followers requested her if she was okay. She responded in a tweet, “SO good. Living my life and surrounded by people who love me.”
2. An nameless lady, recognized solely as The Colour Society Reject, made related accusations about Max in a now-deleted put up for ‘Medium’ in 2019. In the put up, reported on by a number of shops on the time, the nameless lady described a visit she took with Max, a good friend, to California a number of “years ago.” While on the journey, she mentioned that Max allegedly tried to forcefully provoke intercourse whereas she was intoxicated, regardless of her repeatedly telling him, “This is a really bad idea. Stop. Please, no, this is a really bad idea. No, stop.” Eventually, the creator mentioned she “went limp and pretended to pass out,” and Max then “got off of me and rolled over, and then he fell asleep spooning me.”
The creator mentioned that she remained associates with Max “for some time” after the alleged incident. She additionally included screenshots of Facebook conversations between herself and Max by which they mentioned the alleged incident. Max mentioned that he believed they have been solely “wrestling,” and described it as “maxing half a move, and getting [his] signals really crossed.” More than ten folks have now accused Max of sexual misconduct within the final 12 months and a half.
3. He is the son of famed director John Landis. John, 68, is a prolific director finest identified for movies like Animal House, The Blues Brothers, An American Werewolf in London, and Coming to America. He additionally wrote Michael Jackson‘s iconic “Thriller” music video.
4. He’s the author and director of a number of high-profile movies and comedian books. Max wrote movies like Me Him Her, which he additionally directed, Victor Frankenstein, Mr. Right, Bright and extra. He can also be a credited author on tv reveals like Masters of Horror and Channel Zero, and comedian books like Superman: American Alien and Green Valley.
5. He’s admitted to psychological well being points. Max beforehand confirmed to Buzzfeed that he suffers from Cyclothymia, a illness which includes durations of signs of melancholy and hypomania.
HollywoodLife reached out to Max Landis’ rep for remark, however didn’t hear again as of press time.